Friday, January 21, 2011

Ashlyn Loves to Dance!

I can't believe I have failed to blog about Ashlyn and her dance class. I knew I wanted the girls to be apart of some kind of extra curricular activity, but I wanted to wait until they could tell me what they were interested in before I spent money on something they hated. I was a cheerleader in school so I thought it would be great for them to be in gymnastics and then competitive cheerleading later. I waited until Ashlyn turned 4 before enrolling her in anything. She was very sure about what she wanted to do. She wanted to be a ballerina! She is such a girlie girl and I don't mean she just likes pink and dresses up like a princess, and plays tea party, I mean she is the prissiest thing ever! She HAS to have a napkin with each meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner 7 days a week), she would much rather wear a dress any day even at home just playing, she won't walk out of the house if she doesn't match (and she can tell), and that is just to name a few things!
I knew ballet would suit her perfect. Above (blue leotard) is a picture of Ashlyn at her Summer Princess Dance Camp. Nathan's parents took off a week of work so that she could go to this camp. It was Monday-Friday for a few hours. She loved it!
Here is Ashlyn at home about to leave for her 1st day at Ballet/Tap class. As soon as I opened the door she jumped in the van and buckled herself up, she was so excited!

Here she is about to go inside for her 1st day!
Inside the dressing room waiting for class to start with her best friends who all take class together!
In class, following directions. Ashlyn is a very focused student. She always tells me that she has to watch Ms. Lacie's legs. I am so proud of her. She tells me she likes ballet more than tap so we may try to just do ballet next year. I can see her going far with this talent she has. She is very graceful, balanced, and attentive.

No comments: