Saturday, June 19, 2010

Memorial Day

I know this is kind of late for posting but I can only do this when I have the time and that's not something I have a lot of!
I took the girls, my sister, and brother in law to the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola, FL. for Memorial Day. We started the day off by having a picnic lunch outside of the museum.
Ashlyn and Hadley had a lot of fun looking at all the air planes. We even sat through an Imax film about air planes. Ashlyn of course did great watching the Imax, but Hadley could not be still. I bet everyone in the theatre was wishing we would leave! Oh well...
The museum is great! The are always changing things up and adding different exibits. They added this nice play area for preschool kids since the last time I was here. What's even better is that the whole thing is free (exept for the Imax).
After the museum the girls wanted to swim so we changed into our swimsuits in my van (that was fun) and went for a swim in the bay. We swam for about an hour or so until it was time to eat. We went to the Shrimp Basket for some fried crab claws and shrimp. YUMMY!


We finished our day with some ice cream from McDonald's in Spanish Fort before going home. The girls really enjoyed their Hot Fudge Sundae's!

No comments: